Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DIY "love" wall art for under $40.00

Made some wall art for our Master bedroom and wanted to challenge myself to make something under $40! The canvas also not on sale was $30 but I used a 50% off coupon from my Michael's ap and its good all this week!!! Fabric was purchased at hobby lobby also on sale for 30% off. I only needed a yard and 1/2. The letters were also on sale last week at hobby lobby for 40% off score!! 

Canvas: $15
Fabric: $5
Letters: $2.40 each 
Spray Paint: $9

Total: $38.60


How I did it?
I started by spray painting the letters red and one letter gold! While they were drying I covered the canvas with my fabric using a staple gun! Make sure you staple one side first then pull the fabric tight so you don't get any bumps! Last step was hot glueing the letters to the covered canvas! 
This entire craft took less then an hour and I love the results! 







2 comments: